Liederkranz Board in the very early 1950s
This is probably the Liederkranz board in the very early 1950s. From left to right are: Hermann Stichweh, Karl Amelang ( the choir director),
Willie Neff, Fritz Warzinski, and Otto Kuntscher. This looks like it was made by a professional photographer. From Left to Right:
- Herman Stichweh was an insurance representative for a American National Insurance Company in Galveston. This firm is still in business and a major
provider of jobs for Galveston citizens.
- Karl Amelang ran a Shell Station just off the Gulf Freeway.
- Willi Neff operated a dry cleaning business.
- Fritz Warzinski was retired after working at Shell Oil for over 30 years.
- Otto Kuntscher, the "official" poet of the Liederkranz worked for many years as a painter at Houston Poster Advertising company. I do
recall that for one Christmas (late 1940s-early 1950s) he placed a billboard size illustration on the stage of the old hall showing the nativity scene in Bethlehem. I am grateful to Karl Micklitz for this
new information. .